The Outbreak of Coronavirus disease , has brought the world on its knees. Dentists as healthcare provider are facing a number of challenges in providing complete oral health care.
As you can understand we are supposed to provide only emergency care which means relief in extreme painful conditions by either medication or extractions in rare circumstances.
But we know that not all dental problems can be treated by medications. Cases such as sensitivity, bleeding gums and food lodgement are also very uncomfortable to the patient but do not require immediate attention by a dentist. You can take simple steps at home to manage the progress of your dental problems and keep yourself comfortable till you reach a dental care center.
- Brush twice daily
- Use desensitising tooth paste for tooth sensitivity issues
- Rinse with warm water and a pinch of salt . This can help in reducing slight swelling and mild painful conditions
- Eat raw fruit at least once a day.
- Oranges and apples provide anti-oxidants and vitamin C that are good for your gums.
- Drink at least 6 glasses of water every day.
- Rinse your mouth after every meal.
Take care of yourself and stay healthy